I was nominated by the lovely Melissa from Book Nerd Momo who tagged in my first blogger tag, which is hella awesome, so follow her if you haven’t already ♡ There isn’t much to the Liebster tag, so let’s get started.The Rules
- Acknowledge & thank the blog who nominated you, then display their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you wrote.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about you.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive this award.
- Give your nominees 11 questions of your own to answer.
1. What’s your favorite genre and why?
Science fiction. There are so many different variations on how the world will end (let’s keep it positive here, Jill ☼) and not to mention, The Hunger Games was the beginning of my young adult novel crave, along with Divergent & The Maze Runner.
2. What female character do you admire the most?
TESSA GRAY. My answer will a l w a y s be Tessa Gray. Cassie Clare wrote her so well, she seems to handle unfortunate situations more thoughtfully than most typical YA females…
3. Who is your favorite author?
This is a difficult one. I usually judge this by how many books I’ve read by said authors (unless they have one debut novel, they don’t count) but I must say JK Rowling, Cassie Clare, Sarah J Maas, and Rick Riordan are my top few.
4. What is your all time favorite quote? Why?
“To really be a nerd, she’d decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.”
― Rainbow Rowell,
I ~love~ this quote ❤ It can apply to so much more than just books, just fictional universes overall that we ‘nerds’ (a better fit would be ‘fiction travelers’) choose to delve inside.
5. What is your favorite thing about a bookstore? Besides the books.
I love the atmosphere. The noise and static of regular people who talk, talk, talk dissolves into a place where the reader thrives. Being an introvert, I’ve preferred the feeling of a quiet bookstore over anywhere else.
6. What is your favorite song at the moment?
Can I cheat and say songs? Cry Baby + Pity Party! I found Melanie Martinez (well, I knew who she was, I just only downloaded my first two songs a few days ago) and I love them a lot ♬
7. Which book do you feel like you have a completely different opinion that isn’t the opinion most people have of it?
OH. I was stuck for an answer but I have a great one. I can’t stand classics. Slow pacing and intricate detailing in a novel has always been my least fave technique, dare I say. Maybe its the school reading system that has formed this opinion of mine, but its mainly the way books were written 200 years ago.
8. Which movie adaptation of a book have you seen but haven’t read the book for?
The Chronicles of Narnia. Nonetheless, I’ve barely seen the movies as it is, but like every human on this planet I’ve seen bits and pieces of Narnia from someone who brought the movie for a lazy school day before summer vacation.
9. What’s your current favorite tv show?
I’m not watching anything at the moment, but I hope to begin Arrow and perhaps finish Shadowhunters soon (although don’t bet on that, I’ve watched only half of the season, and that was last February)
10. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what book would that be?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell *see question 4* because Cath Avery, summed up, my spirit animal. She is my own embodiment of a fictional character, if that makes any sense. I’ve read it twice, which isn’t much, but compared to the fact I’ve never reread Harry Potter, that means a lot to me╰☆╮
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The relationships I’ve established. Okay, so the promotions and early releases are a perk, but they don’t hold a light to the i n c r e d i b l e friends I have met online. I talk to them every single day, and the amount of friends I have only continues to expand ❤
11 random facts about me
- i’m left handed #leftiepride
- my birthday is July 28th
- i am kinda self teaching myself calligraphy (although i’m accepting all donations of pens, all i have are markers as of this moment)
- my favorite vacation was Chicago in Aug 2012, and i hope to return soon and
conquer the citysee what i missed since then
- an ultimate goal of mine is to attend BookCon
- i began my bookish instagram in Aug 2014, and it’s been an insane—nonetheless amazing and life-changing—almost 2 years
- my only pet is a springer spaniel named Zack
- my fave food is french fries
#fries before guys
- i am a h u f f l e p u f f (there was that brief period where i had an identity crisis and i was a ravenpuff / huffleclaw, but everything has been sorted since then)
- i have no idea what lies for me in the future but i think i’ll get an english degree and just go from there ☾
11 questions for bloggers
1. If you could have any book in your hands right now, which would it be?
2. What is a book you will recommend again and again?
3. Who is your choice book boyfriend / girlfriend?
4. How do handle avoiding spoilers online?
5. Do you prefer to listen to a variety of musical genres or do you mainly stick to one type?
6. What are your thoughts on going to a bookstore vs purchasing online?
7. What is something that YA, as a genre, could use more of?
8. Do you commonly use the library for books?
9. How do you make the choice between hardcover, paperback, or e-book?
10. Who is a character everyone seems to love besides you?
11. Which fictional character from tv would you want as a roommate?
I have decided to tag the following blogs:
Have fun, guys, I hope you choose to participate! ❤